I've been meaning to do this forever! These are all the cats (plus one) that live on my Aunt & Uncle's and Grandparent's property in Florida. I had been spending summer vacations here every once in a while and there where always cats around. Several have since passed away, but new ones keep popping up and my poor Grandma gives them a meal and a warm bed in the hopes that they'll move on in a couple days... but of course they never do.
From left to right:Sandy
- The newest "member" at the Compound. (aka. Sandra Dee, Goldie, Pumpkin) She's actually our neighbor's cat who just started coming over about a month ago. Super affectionate and clingy. My Grandma pretends that she wants her to go back to her own home, but I think she really likes her. Sandy also looks a lot like her old cat Milo who passed a few years ago, but he was kinda the meanest cat that ever lived while still being one of her favorites since he was a tiny abused kitten.
Update: Sandy has since passed away from illness. RIPMason
- One of the "original members" here. (aka. May-may, white cat) The mostly outside-hunter cat. Hangs out near the grapevines. A tad skittish, but lovable when he comes inside (although he's been banned recently for spraying where he ought not) Him and Semose are twins that my cousin brought home when they were kittens.Semose
- "original member" with his brother. (aka. Moshi, Momo, Momer, Flipper-cat, Trisket, the Bomb-cat, Bear-cat, other white cat) He's probably got the most nicknames haha. He had skin cancer on the tips of his ears because him and Mason have really sensitive pink skin that burns easily, so the vet had to remove the tops of his ears. Makes him look like little white bear since they're pretty short and round now. Probably my favorite kitty in Florida.Cuckoo
- Another "original" cat. I think he's the oldest at about 13 yrs. (aka. Cougar, Cougs, the Lion King, Boss-cat, Cooky) Such a good guy. All around, probably everything you'd want your cat to be like. Loves to steal food... yours and the other cats' too. Mostly hangs out inside these days, sleepy lap cat. Saphira
- My cat that I had to leave back in Texas when I moved here for college. She's been to the compound a few years back when my sister stayed for a couple months with her when she was still a teenage cat. Just about the best kitty I've ever had. I miss her a lot with all her antics and floofyness. Pretty timid around strangers, but very sweet and lovey to her people. Loves her some honey ham too when you've got it handy.Peggy Su
- Our resident fat 'n lazy cat. (aka. Peg, Peggers, Piggy, Suey, Suzy, Suzanne) He's a happy little gender-confused kitty. My Grandma thought he was a girl when he first came to us, because he was such a people-cat and affectionate. Likes his Friskies morning, noon, and night. He's best buds with our resident "kitten," Savannah.Sagirah
- My sister's cat, the self-proclaimed Queen of all that exists. (aka. Skira, Sag, the Anointed One, Highness, the Royal One) She's a Bengal mix so her coat color is really interesting and swirly-spotty-stripey/ very hard to draw. Isn't really mean, just very independent and vocal about the things she doesn't approve of like... looking at her too long, entering her personal space (which is pretty much within eyesight), and any form of touching that is not previously asked for (and even sometimes that is asked for). Basically, a class-A diva that's too cute to ignore.Michael Henry
- Very wary of people still. (aka. Mikey, Mike, Henrietta) Also a bit gender-confused due to my G-ma. He pretty much only allows you to come near him during meal-time. All other times of the day he thinks your going to kill and eat him should you get closer than 3 feet. He's also the only un-neutered cat here and frequently goes off several days at a time to go "service the neighborhood" as my G-ma says. We all want him to get fixed, but it's very difficult to catch him and my G-ma is reluctant to "traumatize" him. *sigh*Savannah
- Last, but certainly not least, the kitten. (aka. the Baby, Vanna, Little Girl) Also my sister's cat, who she rescued off the road where she was abandoned last year. She still acts like a little kitten and loves to play around and bug the "adults" and play tricks on Peggy. Very fluffy and happy to be jiggled in your arms 'til kingdom come if you let her. Unfortunately, she's beginning to learn bad habits from Sagirah. She's starting to bully the lowest on the totem pole which is poor Momo the push-over. But she really just wants to have fun... all day... every day.
Well that was longer than I thought it'd be. I also added a bit of scenery from the compound. Looks bad and almost nothing like the real thing. In reality, there are a ton more trees and the our little buildings aren't pictured here. Ah well...